Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Bookmark and Share

In Gigi's Words...

Posted by Gigi Galiffa via Billy Christopher Maupin

Hello everyone! OK, here goes. So I was asked to write a blog about Rumpelstiltskin's Daughter (at least it's not as hard as spinning gold, right?) and I decided that instead of singing a song about it, I would just go ahead and do it.

Haha =]. Please excuse my bad jokes. Anyway...about the show.

I'll start at the beginning. Since the audition process, this experience has been one new adventure after another. On the night of the callback audition, I ran into the Little Theatre more than halfway through the audition, coming from a district field hockey game. Adhering to Dawn's request, I stayed in my sweaty uniform and kept myself a stinky mess from the game. What a great impression, huh? Apparently the smell didn't offend her too much, because the next day she called me with the exciting news that I had been cast as the title character! I literally screamed when I got the message! Fully supported by my friends and family, I accepted my first big professional role.

Then came the first meeting/read-through. How exciting/ terrifying/ fun/ intimidating/ hysterical! I was sitting in a room talking and eating pizza with people I've seen in so many shows around Richmond. And now I was doing a show with them?! "OMYGOSH! What am I doing here? Dawn must be crazy!" ...a little dramatic I know, but hey. My performing experience had consisted of show choir and high school musicals. But right away, everyone was so welcoming that my nerves were calmed and excitement took over.

Then, rehearsals started and the rest, as they say, is history. Who could ask for a better group of people to work with? I don't think I made it through even one rehearsal without laughing so hard my stomach hurt! And the beauty of it is that we actually got work done!

I've made some great new friends and even reconnected with some old ones. I've also learned so much about myself and my performance (as well as theatre as a whole) in the past four weeks than I think I have my whole life. The show is super fun! Dawn is wonderful! The cast, crew, and creative team are too awesome and talented for words! I wish I could express just how much it means to me to be a part of this show and know all of these amazing people, but then I would have to write a big, long blog and... oh wait. Hahaha.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm absolutely loving everything right now in my 17-year-old life, and a good deal of my happiness is due to my experience in Rumpelstiltskin's Daughter. I love you guys!!!

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination." =]
- Mark Twain

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home