Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Bookmark and Share

Dawn Westbrook...Questionnaire...'Nuff Said

Posted by Billy Christopher Maupin

Dawn Westbrook, our hysterical director of Rumpelstiltskin's Daughter, has filled out the new questionnaire! This woman is a riot! So I'm just gonna let it speak for herself. And if you wanna see her hysterics onstage, come check out RD at Theatre IV, opening THIS FRIDAY!

Hometown: Sandston, Virginia
Audition song: "Don’t Rain on My Parade" from Funny Girl
Special skills:Right now??? Doctoring up gold coins to make them shiny.
Favorite word: Cozy
First show ever saw: Professional would have been at Theatre VA and I think it was Tintypes
If you could go back in time and catch one show (Broadway or otherwise) what would it be?: The original cast, opening night of A Chorus Line .
Favorite show tune: I love “The Story Goes on” (if sung well)… from Baby.
Least favorite word: No
Favorite play: I loved watching Take Me Out sometimes I can’t tell if I enjoy great direction and magical moments, or the writing better. It is GREAT when they are both present. This one had both!
Favorite musical: I absolutely ADORE Avenue Q!!!!!

Most played song on your iPod (or CD player): "Love is Gone" at the gym or running.
Last book you read: Eat, Love, Pray but I am currently reading Obama’s newest book The Audacity of Hope.
Sound or noise you love: Mommie!!! Being screamed by my daughter when I come home.
Must-see TV show: My husband and I love American Idol, but I haven’t had a chance to watch it this season due to rehearsal conflicts. My favorite show is Entourage.
Last good movie you saw: Juno, which was recommended by my friend Jacquie O’Connor. My husband and I were able to finagle a date during rehearsals and one of my Friday nights off we caught dinner and this movie. Made for a great date night. And again…I’m back to “cozy” and “good direction and writing” all in one evening. Nothing better, my friend, nothing better.
Sound or noise you hate: The word NO. I hate saying it and I HATE hearing it.
Worst job you ever had: Working for a man I didn’t respect at Northwestern Mutual Service with 9-5 hours.
First stage kiss: South Pacific in High School with former Richmonder R.L. Rowsey
Worst costume ever: There are worst designs and then there are one’s that just didn’t flatter. I think I’ll leave this one alone.
What turns you on (creatively, spiritually, emotionally)? Creatively would have to be “Yes, I think we can do that!” Spiritually would have to be when justice and harmony are present and make their energies known to the universe. Emotionally …is a little more difficult to describe, but I think it’s when I FEEL the presence of justice, harmony and/or love in a moment, because I think that gives us a glimmer into what GOD is all about.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home