Monday, January 21, 2008

Bookmark and Share

Lady Camilla Bats Her Lashes

Posted by Billy Christopher Maupin

Corey Davis (most recently seen in Theatre IV's Stuart Little as well as Home for the Holidays at Barksdale Theatre and the fabulous cabarets at the Empire Theatre...and as Lauren in the world premiere of Bill C. Davis' Austin's Bridge at the Firehouse Theatre Project) portrays (among others) Lady Camilla, one of the Ladies in Waiting that flirt with the Duke in Rumpelstiltskin's Daughter.

Hometown: Richmond, VA baby!

Audition song: open to suggestions

Special skills: backwards alphabet the say can I

Favorite word: facetious (the only word in the English language with all 5 vowels in their correct order)

First show ever saw: ever, Secret Garden - in NY, Footloose

If you could go back in time and catch one show (Broadway or otherwise) what would it be?: As a child, my family had Peter Pan on tape, starring Mary Martin. I would love to go back to my childhood and get to see that in real life

Favorite show tune: "Could I Leave You?" from Follies or "When I Look at You" from Scarlet Pimpernel

Least favorite word: moist....eww

Favorite play: Curious Savage

Favorite musical: RENT, I know that's stereotypical, but it's amazing

Most played song on your iPod (or CD player): at the moment, anything from Alison Krauss or Antigone Rising

Last book you read: Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister [BC NOTE: by Gregory Maguire, who also wrote Wicked]

Sound or noise you love: my husbands voice....hehe

Must-see TV show: Lost and Project Runway, though my favorite of all time is Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman! (I know, I know)

Sound or noise you hate: pink pencil erasers...it makes my teeth hurt

Worst job you ever had: Selling cookies at the mall

First stage kiss: Senior year of high school as Rosemary in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying

Worst costume ever: In my eighth grade chorus, we had these hideous outfits - big glittery gold tops with sequins and poofy sleeves with pants straight from an M.C. Hammer video

What turns you on (creatively, spiritually, emotionally)?: kindness

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home