Thursday, January 24, 2008

Bookmark and Share

An Actor Gets an Audience

Posted by Billy Christopher Maupin

We had an invited dress rehearsal tonight. Our first "performance" is at 10:30 in the morning. So this is gonna be pretty short.

Show is really fantastic! Such a great take on a fairy tale! Oh, invited dress rehearsal, I should perhaps explain, generally happens as the final rehearsal of a show when the cast, crew, designers, etc. are allowed to invite a few guests so that everyone can get a taste of what the show is going to be like in front of an audience. We had quite a few people tonight, including Robert Neal Marshall (who wrote the book and lyrics). He has been incredibly supportive and complimentary of the cast which is great. And he told me tonight that he reads the blog, so that puts him high on my list of favorite people...hahaha.

It would seem that we're ready to open! I hope. hahaha. I think that's so frequently the feeling. At least for me. Jackie shared this great mantra with me: "I know all my lines. And I am supremely confident in my performance." It's so helpful! (Note: I may be paraphrasing a bit.)

So I've been saying it. Now I'm trying to believe it!

Off to bed, so I can be fresh and fabulous for the big day tomorrow!

Oh, we had a photo call last night, so I'll post some pictures from the show tomorrow from the office. So fun! I'll also talk more about our fantastic photographer Jay Paul, as well!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home