Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Bookmark and Share

The Making of... #6 (Well, sort of)

Posted by Catherine Dudley

So, as you can see the Darling's bedroom is together and it is all very impressive, but "The Making of..." is taking a slightly different viewpoint this week. The real story lies within "production land!" (Do you get my play on words? Neverland- Production land??? Nevermind!)



While Nathan, Stephen and Doug work hard in the shop...

The production department is currently in the process of moving out of our work shop and storage facilities and moving into portable storage sheds and other temporary places. As you can imagine, this puts an amazing strain on the department. They are working incredibly hard, not only to get moved out, but also continuing to work on the tons of projects already on their plate. I thought I would show you a bit of their moving process today.



Wendy and Mike loading set pieces onto a dolly. (To be taken to and loaded into a truck).


Amidst the chaos, Ariel has a spontaneous moment of glee-filled leaping!


P.J. and Clif loading the truck...

...costume storage is slowly being packed up as well.





Our production department never ceases to amaze me. They work harder than any people I know and I stand in awe of them!

More to come later...

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger hoosier steve said...

As many moves as there have been in the 12 years since I first came to Theatre IV, I have missed every single one. I feel nothing but respect for the hard working people in the tech department, especially with the move thrown on top of everything else they are doing right now.
Can Wendy get Sparky to come down and help, and can someone throw lit matches at him? It just seems like something that needs to be done.
Catherine, I am indeed coming in April, I am designing lights for Peter Pan again. So see you then.

March 4, 2008 at 2:22 PM  
Blogger catherine said...

it's so exciting that you're coming home! yea! can't wait!
(it would be kind of funny to see Sparky's combustability factor! oh, how we love him!)

March 4, 2008 at 3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You people are too twisted for color tv! (But I'm glad I'm loved...see Wengen, somebody loves me!)

March 4, 2008 at 11:20 PM  
Blogger Thespis' Little Helper said...

Hahahah...nothin' like a good Steel Magnolias reference!

March 5, 2008 at 8:57 AM  
Blogger hoosier steve said...

Is she still Wengen, shouldn't it be Wenvan? I will admit it doesn't have the same flow as Wengen, but it works.
Sparky, I will bring matches to Virginia and prove that you are still loved. See you next month.

March 5, 2008 at 12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh...

I'll just leave the comment about the matches alone (something about squinty dim comes to mind), and actually comment on the blog posting. I can't express how much it just plain sucks that Production has to move, again! I can't imagine having to move in the middle of the season...the Lucky Strike storage & the sketchy floor was enough for me!

Here's a thought for the Greater Richmond Community - if you've ever borrowed props, costumes, or sets for your school/church/civic group - consider giving TIV a hand with moving...a few hours for you would make a world of difference for the staff of the production & costume departments.

March 5, 2008 at 1:49 PM  
Blogger hoosier steve said...

Squinting Dim Productions is still alive and well.

I can't imagine having to move, not just in the middle of the season, but in the middle of Peter Pan, one of the biggest shows in Theatre IV's stock. I know enough of what has caused the move to be even more upset, and sadly not surprised. There was a time in that building, back when it was just a little bit of storage when the owner gave a rather overt threat to Gordon Bass and I because we went upstairs without checking in with him first. It seems even worse this time because costumes are involved as well, ick.

March 5, 2008 at 2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home